NYE's dress DONE! I started at 3pm after I had to meet my cousin's wife at Spotlight to get back the pattern I had loaned her. By the time we caught up and got the fabric and I came home, had some lunch, I didn't start cutting until 3pm. I made a swayback adjustment (pinched in up about 2cm - very exact - not!) and chose the length I wanted. Got out my oldest scissors and started chopping - then they snapped. I think I bought these for $13 (back when I was making $80 per week!) at Coles. They were not very good but perfect for this. When they broke I got out my "dressmakers scissors" from a scissors pack - again so, so cheap I wouldn't care about blunting them. Sewed it up, couldn't find my steam a seam so had to make a facing out of the plain edge on the selvage. Washed up half way and ta-da! Red sparkly number finished at 4.28pm!
It is not so tomato red but a blue based red is probably still big in the shoulders but I cut a 10. The fabric was $49.95 but with 30% off, and then because there was extra glue on the wrong side (and the girl at Spotlight thought it was a flaw) she gave it to me at half price! Bargain.. cost $21! I turned the armhole edges over and zig-zaged it, but the rest I made up with a different zig-zag with a straight stitch with it - all on my sewing machine. The hem is raw. Photos of me wearing it in the following days.
Now I'm done! Thank you to all who read my blog (I still don't believe anyone reads it) and double thanks to those who leave me some comments. I love it. Happy New Year everyone!